Tech Lead OutSystems
We are looking for a Tech Lead OutSystems, who wants to seize the unique opportunity to build a brand new OutSystems team within our professional IT organization.
We have recently added the OutSystems platform to our technology portfolio, as an addition to our current Be Informed Business Process Platform. This means that we will be working towards creating a hybrid platform. We are looking for a Tech Lead OutSystems, who wants to seize this unique opportunity to build a brand new OutSystems team within our professional IT organization.
What we offer
This vacancy has the following unique set of opportunities:
- Build a brand new OutSystems delivery team.
- Several interesting technical challenges, such as the use of OutSystems to build re-usable solutions that support complex and knowledge-intensive enterprise-grade business processes.
- Extensive integration with Be Informed, our other software delivery platform.
- Work within a professional international IT organization with offices in Curaçao, Bonaire, and the Netherlands.
- Support from and collaborate with an experienced OutSystems partner.
- Build high-impact solutions that help the everyday lives of citizens in SIDS (Small Island Development States) and Developing Countries.
- Support the digital transformation of our international government clients and their increasingly complex administrations.
- Play a key role in building our OutSystems delivery team, consisting of developers but also design (architects, UX), test engineers, and deployment. You work closely with the head of development and head of design.
- Lead the OutSystems development team and guide them with your technical knowledge and your leadership skills, delivering maintainable and re-usable solutions that help our clients to get a grip on their complex challenges. You do this within given architecture guidelines and by using design patterns.
- Actively participate in establishing new delivery guidelines and patterns.
- Support the design team in making deliverables for OutSystems development.
- You are our OutSystems subject matter expert and as such will maintain relationships with OutSystems and external OutSystems delivery parties.
- Work in close cooperation with external OutSystems partners and perform code reviews and quality checks on their work. You make sure they adhere to our guidelines.
- As OutSystems expert you give input for Request for Proposals and work on the assignments for external parties.
- Play an active role in coaching and training Junior and Medior colleagues.
- Work in agile teams and embrace innovative ideas and possibilities.
- In order to build a talented team, you play a role in the recruiting and hiring process.
Skills and requirements
- You have at least 8 years of working experience with OutSystems.
- You have at least 4 years of experience in leading OutSystems teams and you have been a Tech Lead for at least 3 years.
- Excellent understanding and knowledge of OutSystems and you have obtained at least these certifications:
- "Expert Traditional Web Developer" (OutSystems 11),
- "Associate Tech Lead" (OutSystems 11).
- Followed the OutSystems Guided Paths for Tech Lead and Architect and have taken the “Advanced” courses that OutSystems offers.
- Excellent knowledge of SQL and are familiar with Agile/SCRUM, Information Analysis, and Requirements Engineering.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Proven ability to design and optimize application and data integration processes across systems and platforms.
- Critical attitude and want to tackle what needs to be changed or adjusted to reach the best possible outcome.
- You like to take the lead and have a strong sense of ownership, towards your own work, the success of the team, and of the company.
- Experienced in leading the members of a development team in the development and implementation of software solutions. You enable your team members to grow through peer coding, code review, and knowledge transfer and you mentor less senior developers with their work.
- You thrive in an environment where cooperation with your team members, other departments, and external parties is essential for the success of your project.
- Able to build and maintain relationships and you are a good communicator.
- You have good communication and writing skills in Dutch and English.
Our strength lies in understanding the core business of governments while enabling information technology to achieve fundamental advancements. So not only do our government clients in Small Island Developing States (SIDS) and developing countries experience drastic improvements in their processes; we make the difference because our technology creates solutions for real-world problems. BearingPoint Caribbean is a fast-growing company. Our software solutions are used by tax administrations and social security organizations all over the world, from the Caribbean to the Pacific. With the knowledge and expertise of more than 100 employees, we support these governments towards digital transformation. This leads to cost savings that can be used for important priorities such as education and healthcare. With this, we create real added value for individuals and communities.