As a React Engineer, you are responsible for developing the front-end of our solutions which are being used in countries all around the world. You will join our Solutions Development department and work on large and complex IT projects.
Join BearingPoint Caribbean to play a key role in the successful digital transformations of our government clients in Small Island Developing States (SIDS) and developing countries. Your mission is to enable them to use technology to drive change. If you want to impact and help shape the way our clients offer public services to their citizens and businesses, then this is a role for you.
By designing and building sleek and intuitive systems, you help create powerful experiences for our clients. We build on a business process management development platform to create smarter processes for our government clients. Our focus lies on three fundamental areas of government: tax, social security, and permits & licensing.
Join our team
We are offering the challenging position of React Engineer.
As a React Engineer, you are responsible for developing the front-end of our solutions which are being used in countries all around the world. You will join our Solutions Development department and work on large and complex IT projects. In close cooperation with the Front-End Architect, you focus on architectural aspects of the systems, bridging the gap between design and technical requirements. You will work closely with our UX team and focus on delivering highly user-friendly functionality and sleek visual elements for our applications.
- You will be part of a multi-disciplinary team of 5-10 developers to develop customized solutions using the Scrum methodology.
- You will translate our clients' needs into a front-end solution in close cooperation with UX.
- You will work on our own React codebase that powers all of our modern solutions. You will develop new features, do maintenance, write documentation, and focus on performance, maintainability, and scalability.
- You will use a modern development stack including tools such as Node, npm, and Webpack.
- You work with our UX designers to transform designs into a perfectly working user experience.
- You ensure that our solutions operate optimally on all modern devices and browsers.
- You are not afraid to take the lead if you think something can be improved.
- You actively share your knowledge with colleagues and help to further develop the team.
Skills and requirements
- You have a Bachelor's or Master's degree in Informatics or similar studies.
- You have at least 3 years of working experience as a React engineer in a similar environment.
- You understand version management, both Git and Subversion.
- You are able to build maintainable architectures and write clean and readable code.
- You have a strong attention to detail and a talent for coming up with suitable solutions for complex challenges.
- You are passionate about React development and have the drive to share your knowledge.
- You have good interpersonal skills and are fluent in Dutch and English communication.
- Dynamic working environment
- Competitive salary package and pension scheme
- Relocation compensation
Location: Curaçao or Rotterdam
Our strength lies in understanding the core business of governments while enabling information technology to achieve fundamental advancements. So not only do our government clients in Small Island Developing States (SIDS) and developing countries experience drastic improvements in their processes, we make the difference because our technology creates solutions for real-world problems. BearingPoint Caribbean is a fast-growing company. Our software solutions are used by tax administrations and social security organizations all over the world, from the Caribbean to the Pacific. With the knowledge and expertise of more than 100 employees, we support these governments towards digital transformation. This leads to cost savings that can be used for important priorities such as education and healthcare. With this, we create real added value for individuals and communities.