As a Software Developer you recognize yourself in this
Intellectual challenges? You are more than happy to take them on with both hands. In your spare time, you enjoy coming up with solutions and puzzling until you find the outcome. You like escape rooms or complex mind games. And if you really match with our colleagues, you will find the same challenge in tactical martial arts.
You know how to make the right connections quickly. You have an abstract conceptual mind and use your creativity to solve problems. You are patient, tackle complex situations in a structured way and give yourself time to find the right answers. If you can't figure something out, you can easily put your pride aside and ask for the help of your colleagues. For you, quality comes first and you feel responsible for delivering a good product. You can also deal with deadlines and you know how to set priorities well.
Employment conditions that warm you up:
- An excellent gross salary between the EU 3200 and 5300 per month based on your experience;
- 8.33% holiday pay and 28 vacation days per year;
- Next to our Rotterdam office location, the possibility to work from our offices in Deventer or Curaçao
- Company laptop and all the IT resources you need to be successful;
- Travel allowance of EU 0.19 per KM or public transport costs invoice;
- Reimbursement of your basic health insurance package and a good pension scheme at a.s.r.;
- A full-time position full of challenges, preferably part-time? Let's discuss what the possibilities are;
A one-year contract followed by an indefinite contract, when we have found each other completely;
- A challenging position within a fast-growing company;
- All the space and flexibility to further develop your talent;
- A personal, cozy and warm atmosphere within the BearingPoint family!
In the Software Developer role
When you join us as a Software Developer, you will join a product team to build on one of our Solutions:
- MTS: Multi Tax Solution
- MDES: Multi Data Exchange Solution
- MBS: Multi Benefit Solution
- MPS: Multi Permit Solution
Our software solutions are built for the governments of various developing countries and islands, including Curaçao, Bonaire, Suriname, Peru, Ghana and Greenland. Thanks to the solutions that you build with your team, you make it possible for the population to digitally file taxes, apply for a benefit or a permit. You make a huge impact on both the work of the Tax And Customs Administration professionals, and the lives of the population.
You will work with low-code platforms such as Be Informed and OutSystems, on which our software Solutions are built. Be Informed is a complex environment, so you will be well trained and supervised by an experienced colleague in the first six months.
In the first year, we offer you the time and space to master the platform and can always contact a colleague if you can't find a solution.
Your work day always starts with a stand up meeting together with your product team, consisting of more than ten multicultural colleagues, developers and testers and a delivery coordinator spread over different countries around the world. Together you go through the scrum board, discuss the status of the issues and which user story will be picked up today. One time you are busy solving an error and the other time you modulate a new functionality. It is also important to write specifications and have them tested. In your work you can expect a lot of freedom, you get all the space to develop where your talent and ambition lies!
Why do you choose BearingPoint Caribbean?
For more than 35 years, our mission has been to contribute to the digitization of governments and societies around the world. In more than eighteen countries worldwide, we use our expertise and knowledge to help transform small islands and developing countries with the help of technology.
We offer innovative software solutions for government services in the field of taxes, social security, permits and licenses that have a major impact on societies. We do this with a warm, passionate, ambitious and multicultural team of 115+ colleagues from Curaçao, Rotterdam, Deventer and Bonaire.
What do we need from you?
- You have a bachelor's degree in computer science, computer science, communication and multimedia design, software engineering, software developer, theoretical mathematics / chemistry, science studies;
- You have internship / work experience at a software company or project organization;
- Experience with Business Process Management platforms is very welcoming;
- You have affinity with software, building websites or developing apps;
- You speak perfect English and Dutch, Papiamentu is a nice plus!
Do you have any questions about our vacancy? Do not hesitate and contact our Talent Acquisition Specialist directly: Nastazia Nikolakou, via Whatsapp +31655755260, Mobile +599 9 5253 092.
Or apply directly by leaving your contact details or LinkedIn profile via the button below!