Manager IT (Curaçao)
As the Manager IT, you are responsible for the internal IT strategy of BearingPoint Caribbean.
In this role, your main goal is to continuously maintain and adjust the IT systems for the company according to the ever-changing environments and business demands. Next to overseeing the day-to-day business needs, you will guide a team of IT engineers in reaching the company goals. In addition, you will analyze and implement the ongoing IT needs of the business as well as oversee the IT system and keep it running smoothly.
We are seeking an experienced Manager IT who enjoys the combination of technological understanding, strategic analysis, and implementation work as well as the ability to think conceptually and analytically. This is a hands-on role in which you combine your skills to draft and implement vision and strategy with the technological skills to provide tactical assistance together with your team.
Your key responsibilities
- Develop, implement, execute, monitor, and report on internal IT strategy, roadmap, budget, and year plans.
- Provide input for company goals, draft unit goals, and translate these to team goals.
- Create, maintain, monitor, and report on the Operational Level Agreement (OLA) and ensure that the OLA levels are met.
- Design, roll out, maintain, and improve IT services to the staff.
- Initiate, establish, and implement IT standards and improvements in process, procedures, and deliverables at the organizational level.
- Analyze internal business needs and translate these into IT solutions.
- Manage budget, scope, and deadlines of internal IT projects.
- Alignment and interaction with the Information Security Officer.
- Manage, lead, coach, coordinate, and improve the IT team.
- Processing of IT activities and delivery of IT output according to the set company quality standards.
Skills and requirements
- A Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology or similar
- At least 3 years of relevant experience in a senior IT management role
- You have extensive knowledge of and experience with networks, servers, storage, end-point devices, (server) virtualization, infrastructure, automation, quality assurance, and technical information security.
- You have obtained at least these certifications:
- Network-related: CCNA – Cisco Certified Network Associate (or equivalent)
- Server-related: Windows Server 20xx, Linux Professional Institute manager (or equivalent).
Fortinet NSE - Network Security Expert (would be a plus).
- Server virtualization-related: VMware Certified Professional, Azure Administrator Associate (or equivalent)
- Database-related: Windows SQL Server 20xx (or equivalent).
- You have prior experience in implementing ISO management standards, like ISO 9001 and ISO 27001.
- You have experience working with ITIL (v3+), certification in ITIL (v3+) Foundation is a plus.
- You have a “can-do” attitude, excellent problem-solving skills, and a creative approach to come up with workable solutions.
- You are an autonomous thinker who proactively brings vision and solutions to the business.
- You have experience with software development and implementation processes.
- You have knowledge of and experience with Agile/Scrum.
- You have effective written and verbal communication skills in Dutch and English; Papiamentu is a plus.
Competencies that we're looking for
- Vision: You can take a step back and view facts in a broader context or in the longer term.
- Managing: You can manage, motivate, and take charge of employees in order to enhance their performance.
- Result-oriented: You have the ability to take direct action in order to attain or exceed objectives.
- Accountability: You act in accordance with the organizational and quality standards, are accountable for your own actions, and support colleagues when delegating tasks.
- Organization sensitivity: You understand how procedures in various departments complement and affect each together and are aware of the consequences of your choices, decisions, and actions.
What we offer
We are proud of our organization's culture and continuously aim to serve our people and help them reach their full potential at BearingPoint. We offer:
- A fast-growing international working environment
- Career development opportunities
- Competitive salary, including holiday allowance and pension scheme.
BearingPoint Caribbean is a leader in digital transformation and helps improve the efficiency of governments of Small Island Developing States (SIDS) and developing countries. Our software solutions are used by tax administrations and social security organizations all over the world, from the Caribbean to the Pacific. Our strength lies in understanding the core business of governments while enabling information technology to achieve fundamental advancements for small-scale countries.
We are a fast-growing company with offices located in Curaçao, Bonaire, and the Netherlands. To learn more about our company, visit the Inside BearingPoint page.