BearingPoint Caribbean is looking for a Solution Architect to join our Design team. In this role, you bridge the gap between business and technology translating best practices in the domain into a solution. This is done within the framework of our business architecture and in close cooperation with our principal architect.
Our software solutions are used by Tax and Social Security organizations of Small Island Developing States (SIDS) and consist of complete back-office functionality. Entire tax- and benefits processes are supported, including (but not limited to) their financial part, online portals, and reporting. Our solutions are composed of different components. They have a generic core as well as an implementation-specific functionality.
Join our team
As a Solution Architect, you will be part of the Design team in our Curaçao office. It is your responsibility to interact with stakeholders on all levels, translating business challenges and goals into sound technical solutions that help support the goals of our clients. You have or can quickly gain extensive domain knowledge in at least one of the domains we operate in.
In this role, you can pinpoint improvements in business processes as well as in supporting technology. You are also able to translate business into technology and document this on a level detailed enough for agile teams to understand and create tangible requirements to kick start development. Next to this, you support your development colleagues during the development of the functionality you designed, as well as support our client teams in implementing our solutions.
- You translate best practices in the tax- or benefit domain into re-usable solutions that help our clients perform better, faster, and smarter.
- You discuss with various stakeholders which functionality our solutions will offer, considering best practices in the domain, technological requirements, budget, and deadlines. You can convince stakeholders of the choices you make.
- You create functional designs which your development colleagues can use to develop components for our solutions, within our business architecture and using internal guidelines.
- You support your development colleagues and feel responsible for the functionality you designed.
- You work together with UX to design user friendly solutions.
- You work in agile teams and apply innovative ideas and possibilities.
Skills and requirements
- You have a master’s degree in Informatics or similar studies.
- You have at least 3 years of experience in software development, preferably with a BPM- or low-code platform. Knowledge of our software development platforms Be Informed or OutSystems is preferred.
- You have at least 1 years of experience in solution architecture in complex, preferably government, environments (or 3+ years for Medior role).
- You have extensive knowledge of architecture methods like DYA, Togaf.
- You have strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- You enjoy software development but prefer to deliver architectural documents and functional breakdowns instead of developing software yourself.
- You have extensive knowledge of the tax- or benefits domain including financial processes, or you are willing and able to quickly gain this knowledge.
- You have a critical attitude and want to tackle what needs to be changed or adjusted to reach the best possible outcome.
- You have a strong sense of ownership, towards your own work, the success of the team and of the company.
- You thrive in an environment where cooperation with your team members and other departments is essential for the success of your project.
- You have good speaking and writing skills in Dutch and English.
- Relocation to Curaçao or must be willing to travel there frequently or for longer periods.
- Fast growing international working environment
- Full relocation compensation
- Career development opportunities
- Competitive salary, including holiday allowance
- Pension scheme
- Monthly office events
Our strength lies in understanding the core business of governments while enabling information technology to achieve fundamental advancements. So not only do our government clients in Small Island Developing States (SIDS) and developing countries experience drastic improvements of their processes, we make the difference because our technology creates solutions for real-world problems. BearingPoint Caribbean is a fast-growing company. We have offices located in Curaçao, Bonaire, St. Maarten and the Netherlands. Our software solutions are used by tax administrations and social security organizations all over the world, from the Caribbean to the Pacific. With the knowledge and expertise of more than 100 employees, we support these governments towards digital transformation. This leads to cost savings that can be used for important priorities such as education and healthcare. With this we create real added value for individuals and communities.
Have a question?
Would you like more information about this job opening?
Get in touch with our recruiters.