BearingPoint Caribbean is looking for a Business Analyst to be the central point of contact for selected clients. The basis of your daily focus is to provide exceptional operational on-site business support to our end-user. You will be successful in this role if you enjoy helping clients by acting as a customer advocate while truly understanding their domain and business requirements.
Our software solutions are used by Tax and Social Security organizations of Small Island Developing States (SIDS) and developing countries. Improving the experience of our end-users by providing them with the right support at the right time is crucial to leading the successful delivery of our IT projects. As a Business Analyst you represent BearingPoint and interact on an operational level directly with the client on location, answering domain- and application-related questions from users. You frequently interact with the off-site processing teams to deliver appropriate updates on all client-related issues and requests. In this role, you will work from our office in Bonaire.
Your key responsibilities
- You act as an expert on our implemented solutions at the client and continuously stay up to date on how our products work
- You are the expert on the client’s domain and continuously acquire in-depth expertise of the (tax) domain
- You obtain required information for (low impact) offers and/or changes and translate these into a customer Request for Change (RfC)
- You support the users during the User Acceptance Tests (UAT) with your solution and domain knowledge
- You translate customer requirements and relevant legislation into system requirements
- You create and maintain operational documentation.
- You translate customer issues and requests to support tickets which enable efficient processing by the processing teams on various locations
- You take full ownership of customer requests and issues and continuously stay updated on ticket status by the processing team and inform the client on open tickets and status.
- You identify, manage and take full ownership of high priority incident resolution and escalate when necessary, taking into account the active Service Level Agreement(s)
- You identify, report, propose and implement process improvements from a support perspective.
Skills and requirements
- A Bachelor’s degree (minimal) in Business studies, Business administration, Management, Information Technology or similar.
- At least 5 years of relevant experience in a comparable role.
- You have experience with Requirement Management and are certified in requirements engineering.
- You have an analytical background and prior experience in translating client wishes to solutions.
- You have excellent client relationship skills and experience as a sparring partner for clients.
- You enjoy communicating on both operational and tactical level.
- You have experience with software development and implementation processes.
- You have experience with ITIL (v3+), certification in ITIL (v3+) Foundation is a plus.
- You have knowledge of and experience with Agile/Scrum. You have effective written and verbal communication skills in Dutch and English; Papiamentu is a plus.
Competencies that we're looking for:
- Insight: You have and gain insight into situations, problems and processes.
- Result-orientedness: You have the ability to take direct action in order to attain or exceed objectives.
- Workmanship: You carry out your work independently in accordance with professional standards of your profession.
- Controlling Progress: You have the ability to control the progress of employees’ processes, tasks, or activities and of your own work and responsibilities.
- Customer Orientation: You have the ability and willingness to find out what the customer wants and needs and to act accordingly, taking the organization’s costs and benefits into account.
- Verbal Expression: You are able to communicate in clear language and to adjust one’s use of language to the audience’s level.
- Problem Analysis: You have the ability to detect problems, recognize important information, and link various data; to trace potential causes and look for relevant details.
What we offer:
We are proud of our organization culture, where we aim to serve our people and help you reach your full potential at BearingPoint. Besides our people and culture, we offer:
- A fast-growing international working environment
- Career development opportunities
- Competitive salary, including holiday allowance and pension scheme.
Our strength lies in understanding the core business of governments while enabling information technology to achieve fundamental advancements. So not only do our government clients in Small Island Developing States (SIDS) and developing countries experience drastic improvements of their processes, we make the difference because our technology creates solutions for real-world problems. BearingPoint Caribbean is a fast-growing company. We have offices located in Curaçao, Bonaire, St. Maarten and the Netherlands. Our software solutions are used by tax administrations and social security organizations all over the world, from the Caribbean to the Pacific. With the knowledge and expertise of more than 100 employees, we support these governments towards digital transformation. This leads to cost savings that can be used for important priorities such as education and healthcare. With this, we create real added value for individuals and communities.
Have a question?
Would you like more information about this job opening?
Get in touch with our recruiters.